Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Feb 26, 2007, 3:50 AM   #1

Between the QSX 6601 and the MX 2000 (marketed by osnusa.com) which one is better?

Or is any one of them worth buying at all??

I have a Panasonic DMC FZ50 and I need a 6'1" tripod for it, which one whoudl i buy?

amitr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2007, 9:54 PM   #2

I am not impressed with ether tripod. You have a nice camera and I would hate to see it damaged because the tripod fell over. I don't know how you intend to use the tripod, you did not say. I don't know if weight is an issue or not. You want to be sure the tripod and head you buy will support the weight of the camera and all the accessories. Not much since in buying a tripod if it is not sturdy and shakes in the wind. I noticed you want a tall tripod. If you are going for tall it had better be a good one. I just bought a tripod on ebay with head and with shipping about $110. The tripod I bought is more for video and the professional but can be used for just about anything. I will buy a different head for it later. The tripod I bought is the Bogen/Manfrotto 3035/3036 with the 3063 head. The tripod has 3035 on the ID tag and 3036 on the tripod leg. I think the 3036 is the correct ID for the tripod and the 3035 is the tripod with head ID. This tripod alone is about 10 pounds and extends to 83.5 inches without head. The tripod alone new was about $300 list. The price I paid is not too unusual on ebay for this tripod although it does vary depending on the condition. Mine looked to be in very good shape. I should get it next week sometime. I would rather buy a good used tripod than a cheap new one. Here is a link to the tripod and a link to the tripod I just bought.
http://www.bogenimaging.us/product/t...amp;itemid=245

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...;rd=1&rd=1

Allen
mebareit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 10:16 PM   #3

allen,

thanks for the elaborate reply. well, i intend to use this tripod mostly for indoor photography at low light conditions and studio environment. Yeah definitely once in a while it will be used to shoot outdoor photographs too like land scape etc.

The height factor, I really didn't know which one to buy, thought the taller the better (versatile useage).

I am not into video photography only stills.

amitr0
Old Feb 26, 2007, 10:34 PM   #4

Just a quick thought. You might visit some local photographers and see what they are using and ask some questions. You might get lucky and he may have a quality used tripod he is not using that you can buy at a good price. Before buying though check some used prices on the internet to be sure the price is fair. Another place to shop is B & H Photo. They have new and used photo supplies and the prices are generally very good and a quality seller.

Allen
Old Feb 26, 2007, 10:58 PM   #5

ok...gr8

i am kinda new to usa, so don't know these things!

this is good advice.

tahnks
Old Feb 26, 2007, 11:14 PM   #6

Where are you from if you don't mind me asking? Sometimes it is also good for us to know where you are now. That way we can sometimes recommend something in your area.
Al