Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:43 AM   #1

I am thinking of getting a Benro Carbon Fiber tripod for myself.For those of you out there who has had any experiences with Benro Carbon Fiber tripods,what do you think of them?Would you highly recommend them?Is it true that they are comparable to Gitzo Carbon fiber tripods?

Thanks.
Killer Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2008, 5:59 PM   #2

"I am thinking of getting a Benro Carbon Fiber tripod for myself.For those of you out there who has had any experiences with Benro Carbon Fiber tripods,what do you think of them?Would you highly recommend them?Is it true that they are comparable to Gitzo Carbon fiber tripods?"

Thanks."

Greetings:

I have been researching on the Internet and have read quite a bit about Benro, Gitzo and Manfrotto products and they appear to be well designed and manufactured. The problem at present is, I don't think I can afford a Composit tripod and high-end head. It's a bit out of my price range of 500-800 USD. For what I want it will run me about $1500.00 It all looks like real nice and very lite equipment. I have Carbon Fiber golf club shafts and two of my Fly Rods are Carbon Fiber composits, and they are tough as nails, and lite as a feather.

The only drawback I have found with Carbon Fiber, is that those composit materials they use to produce the tubes are very prone to abrasion. It doesn't harm the tubes or their performance as a strong colum but after a bit they begin to look a little shabby on the surface. Scratches become pretty obvious after regular use. I believe it's just an apperance thing with me, their finish looks so good, like polished titanium, that I just want to keep them that way.

Good luck; and until next time, I hope you get some hits from experienced users so you can move forward.

Good Shooting to you,

Silvio

:roll:

ASHUTTERBUG is offline   Reply With Quote