Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old May 6, 2008, 2:30 AM   #1

Greetings:

I have been using 3 different off brand Tripods for a few years now and have decided to upgrade to something of higher quality. In searching the Internet I have found so many manufactures, models and styles. It can be a bit confusing after a while. I'll try and outline some parameters I feel you will probably need to know in order to respond to this post. I would of course, need a system with the appropriate head in conjunction with the tripod legs.

I would like to pack it with me so the Tripod System weight is a consideration. I do not expect to exceed more than 8 lbs of camera, extra battery pack and Telephoto lens. I am most interested in feedback from discriminating photographers who have found various models that are well designed, dependable and are a excellent value.The range I expect to be in is between 500-800 U.S. dollars.

Silvio...

ASHUTTERBUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2008, 9:33 PM   #2

I don't have any recomendations, but it sounds like you could add an intersting footnote to Thom Hogan's article: http://www.bythom.com/support.htm

I can hear the 2-3 three pieces of junk rattling at the back of my closet as I write this :-).
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2008, 10:38 PM   #3

Greetings:

I appreciate your response and site information. I visited that site about a week ago and read the whole article. It is well seasoned with some very good information and insights. It however, did not rescue me from my dilemma. It appears that I will have to bite the proverbial bullet and raise my budget a few hunderd dollars. After all, who would want to set a perfectly good Nikon on top of some cheap tripod huh?

I also have the luxury of not being in a rush and can spread out the pain over a longer period of time.

Tnx Agn,

Silvio

:-)
ASHUTTERBUG is offline   Reply With Quote