Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Jun 3, 2008, 12:22 AM   #1

I've tried going to the Manfrotto-Bogen site directly, and while I could use their 'configurator' system to determine the 728B was 'balanced' for my Canon S3 IS, I did not find out if I can place the 322RC2 on it somehow, since I've read this would allow for being able to adjust for a shot with the handle instead of the knobs. I've seen reviews at camera sites about how great it is to have a 322rc2, but nothing if it's compatible for use with my 728B...and there's also nothing in my instructions/manual with the 728B to suggest if the 322rc2 can be used with it. If someone knows whether I can use it with this tripod or not, please let me know. Also, could it be placed onto a Manfrotto-Bogen monopod, or is it strictly to be used on the tripod? Thanks guys--don't want to use my stimulus check for a purchase I can't use. :?
fotografo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2008, 11:55 PM   #2

I see there's been 150 views but I guess no one has used the 322RC2 Grip Action Ball Head? Maybe we can go about it backwards: since I've looked at online places like Adorama and Digital Photo to see if it might list the kind of tripod the 322RC2 would go with (and none of the places I checked said), could someone using the 322RC2 tell me what Manfrotto-Bogen tripod models they use it with? If anyone like that would post, that would at least point me in the right direction. I suspect I might have to forget getting a 322RC2 unless I also buy another tripod it could be used on.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 11:07 PM   #3

Look at it this way: The 728B already has a 3-way head with a 1/4 - 20 screw to mount cameras. The 322RC2 is meant to mount to tripods that have a 3/8 inch mounting screw.

You could add a small adapter (# 3367 I think) to convert the 1/4 inch screw on the 728B to the 3/8 inch screw needed to mount the 322RC2.

Bottom line - it's something of a kludge, but it should work.

--------------------- Bill
BillP2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2008, 11:09 AM   #4

Thanks, Bill. I was starting to think either the board was shut down in effect or that everyone was out enjoying their summer and not returning for a few months.

I'll have to check that adapter out. You are right that the 728B is already 'all in one.' I tried to see if it could be disassembled but no go. It is an excellent tripod but getting to a certain fixed position isn't too quick regardless of how much I use it (although I'm getting faster). With that exception, I can't complain about it.

Thanks for pointing out which mounting screw it could go with with that adapter. I sometimes miss what others might easily see right off. :?