Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Sep 5, 2008, 2:51 PM   #1

In the market for a new tripod, does anyone have any experience with the Slik Pro 700dx. If not can anyone recommend a decent pod for around the $100.00 to $150.00 range.

Thanks

Fotobugg

:?
fotobugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2008, 4:19 PM   #2

imho slik makes good tripods.i had a ul 212 my girl friend bought me back in 1982. silly me gave it to my uncle mike back in the early 902.he still has it.the new ones seem to be a similar value.just get a ball head vs. the pan head.:|
scooptdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2008, 4:19 PM   #3

imho slik makes good tripods.i had a ul 212 my girl friend bought me back in 1982. silly me gave it to my uncle mike back in the early 902.he still has it.the new ones seem to be a similar value.just get a ball head vs. the pan head.:|
Old Dec 7, 2008, 4:19 PM   #4

Old Dec 7, 2008, 4:19 PM   #5

Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotobugg View Post
In the market for a new tripod, does anyone have any experience with the Slik Pro 700dx. If not can anyone recommend a decent pod for around the $100.00 to $150.00 range.

Thanks

Fotobugg

:?
I bought a Slik Pro 700 DX about a year and a half ago, along with a Manfrotto 322RC2 head. I have been very pleased with the combination. The tripod is sturdy, solid but not that heavy and tall enough for me to use without cranking out the center column to far. I'm 6'2" and wanted a tripod that I wouldn't have to bend over all the time with. I use a Nikon D90 and the largest lens I use is the 300 F4. I had looked at the Manfrottos, but went with the Slick because of price and have not regretted the purchase.
greeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:34 PM   #7

Wow! should have looked at the date on that post...............
greeman is offline   Reply With Quote