Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Mar 20, 2009, 3:39 PM   #1

i am in need for a travel tripod, which will be easy to deploy and most important , very portable

i came accross the Benro C-169 travel angel tripod that collapses to 14", but i have never heard or have seen a benro tripod in real.

can you guys help me on Benros quality and reliability as compared to the Bogen Manfrottos or even on this same particular model C-169 travel angel

Dave
dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2009, 4:40 PM   #2

uff...I've seen some Benro models but never read the reviews. They have them at www.adorama.com and there could be a review on it. If you see the manufacturer part #, you can go to www.pricegrabber.com and enter that in the search box and see if it brings something up. When pricegrabber has it, they generally have some good user reviews there too. If all else fails, www.amazon.com tends to have some decent to very good reviews on most things that can help you at least make an informed decision.
fotografo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2009, 5:23 PM   #3

Bogen Manfrottos score B+/A- for quality, durability, value, design. There are "better" tripods on the market, but usually at much higher prices.

Benro is a value brand. Quality and durability will be sacrificed for price. The average hobby user might not ever see the differences. Then again you mightbuy a new tripod every year and don't care about durability.

Giottos is another value brand, but I think the quality and durability of Giottos is much, muchcloser to Bogen Manfrottos than Benro may ever be.
StevieDgpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2009, 6:03 PM   #4

StevieDgpt wrote:
Quote:
Bogen Manfrottos score B+/A- for quality, durability, value, design. There are "better" tripods on the market, but usually at much higher prices.

Benro is a value brand. Quality and durability will be sacrificed for price. The average hobby user might not ever see the differences. Then again you mightbuy a new tripod every year and don't care about durability.

Giottos is another value brand, but I think the quality and durability of Giottos is much, muchcloser to Bogen Manfrottos than Benro may ever be.
actually this tripod, Benro c-169 is $335 , the equilivant manfrotto 190cxpro4 is$280 at BHphoto

Dave
dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote