Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Jan 31, 2011, 4:01 PM   #41

BTW The Photo Clam also pairs up nicely with my wife's Gitzo 1128. Folds down to 21.25" with the PC-33NS...

Center tripod
cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 4:30 PM   #42

UPDATE Used the Benro and Photo Clam ballhead in Cuba It held up my wife's 5D with my 28-70mm f/2.8 with no problems at all...

f/16
13 secs
ISO 100

f/16
13 secs
ISO 100

f/11
30 secs
ISO 200
Old May 4, 2011, 2:22 PM   #43

Very nicely done! I had a chance to look at the Benro tripods at a photo expo several months ago - they looked really interesting. Enough so that I might consider getting one if I were to start flying much (retirement some day?). These pictures are impressive with a fairly heavy combination.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2011, 2:29 PM   #44

Thanks mtngal! Great for flying! The one I have folds down to 14 1/2". Easy to lug around and setting up was pretty quick. I didn't extend the cener column for the above shots. I don't think I'll ever use it. It's very unstable with the center column extended. Even with the 5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Very nicely done! I had a chance to look at the Benro tripods at a photo expo several months ago - they looked really interesting. Enough so that I might consider getting one if I were to start flying much (retirement some day?). These pictures are impressive with a fairly heavy combination.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 9:37 AM   #45

I will probably get flak from this, but for a travel tripod, I bought a SunPak ball-joint head tripod. Cost? $40. Works great, no wobbling at all, and the head allows for some great angles. Comes with 4 built-in bubble levels.
Main area of "expertise": Landscape (beaches), Macro, Foliage, B&W
Saltine713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2011, 1:50 PM   #46

Do you know then model #? A friend is looking for an inexpensive tripod and this fits her budget. BTW She shoots with a T2i/18-55 and 75-300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltine713 View Post
I will probably get flak from this, but for a travel tripod, I bought a SunPak ball-joint head tripod. Cost? $40. Works great, no wobbling at all, and the head allows for some great angles. Comes with 4 built-in bubble levels.