Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Feb 26, 2010, 2:01 PM   #1

Default photohusker

Hi Folks! Working on equipment up grades and have several questions I hope you can answer. I am involved with family photography as well and macro and landscapes. I am working with a new Canon 50D my first digital SLR. I have several Canon lenses including the 70-200 L, and the 100mm f/2.8 Macro. I also have the 430 EXII Speedlite. My tripod is an older Manfrotto 3221 with a 329 pan/tilt head. Both are in excellent condiditon. I just ordered a Wemberly Side Kick Macro Bracket and was assured I can use it with my tripod. I am also interested in knowing if there is anyway to make my tripod receptive to arca style clamps. I would prefer not to purchase a new head at this point. I am also interested in using a Kirk L Bracket at some point if it is or can be made compatible. Thanks for your response to these many questions.
Hi Folks! Working on equipment up grades and have several questions I hope you can answer. I am involved with family photography as well and macro and landscapes. I am working with a new Canon 50D my first digital SLR. I have several Canon lenses including the 70-200 L, and the 100mm f/2.8 Macro. I also have the 430 EXII Speedlite. My tripod is an older Manfrotto 3221 with a 329 pan/tilt head. Both are in excellent condiditon. I just ordered a Wemberly Side Kick Macro Bracket and was assured I can use it with my tripod. I am also interested in knowing if there is anyway to make my tripod receptive to arca style clamps. I would prefer not to purchase a new head at this point. I am also interested in using a Kirk L Bracket at some point if it is or can be made compatible. Thanks for your response to these many questions.
Hi Folks! I am new to this forum and an currently upgrading equipment and needing help. I just purchased my first digital SLR, a Canon 50 D along with a Canon 70-200 4.0 L lens and a 100 mm f/2.8 macro. My tripod is an older Manfrotto 3221 with a 329 pan/tilt head. I also have a 430 EX II Speedlite.
Can anyone tell me if my tripod and head can be adapted to be compatible with arca type clamps. Also will I be able to use my equipment (tripod and head) with a newly ordered Wimberley Side Kick Macro Bracket and a Kirk L Bracket that I cam planning to order. Thanks for any help with the many questions in my first post.
photohusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links