Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Jun 1, 2010, 2:55 PM   #1

Default Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod a good choice?

Hello, as before I have stated I am very new to photography and am slowly realizing everything that I need piece by piece. Now I have realized I need a tripod after buying a telephoto zoom the 55mm - 250mm and I also have the kit lens 18mm - 55mm. These are both by Canon and I have the Canon T1i. Now I plan on going hiking and traveling so I would like something light but I would rather have something stable before weight since thats not a huge concern for me at the time.

So is the Manfrotto 190XPROB a good choice or any other recomendations that are around the same price of about $230?

I will be using it for shooting landscapes and probably with longer shutter speed because of low light in highly shaded areas etc.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Shane
Spgovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:21 PM   #2

Yes, very good tripod. I set mine up with a Manfrotto ball head (I almost got a 324rc2 instead). Although a little large for travel, the vertical portion can be removed to save on length for packing. I use it with my Nikon D90 and 70-300 with no problems.
paniolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:02 PM   #3

I think I am going to get it soon but the head i didn't know which would be better. I really like the Pan and Tilt Manfrotto 804RC2 3-Way but is a ball head that more flexible and easier to use.

Also will ball heads support the camera and not sag even after long use? I want to get this because I want it last a while so I don't need to get another anytime soon.

Shane
Spgovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:27 PM   #4

Pan or ball head - personal preference. I have a pan head on my old tripod and prefer a ball head with pan capability for panorama shots. Check out Manfrotto 498rc2 ball and the 324rc2 (or 327rc2) joystick heads - solid as a rock, even in vertical position.
paniolo is offline   Reply With Quote