Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:57 PM   #1

Default 190XProB - model changes

I just purchased a new Manfrotto 190XProB tripod from a local camera shop. In comparing the info on the card enclosed with the tripod, there are some differences between the info there and that of the large online vendors. For example, my tripod legs extend outward fully to 90 degrees (same as on spec card that came with tripod) . Online specs show the "new" model leg spread goes out to 88 degrees. There are also minor differences between the other leg position settings.
The leg lock tabs appear to move through 90 degrees from full open to locked. Internet vendors specs describe the "new" model as having only 45 degrees of movement.
Lastly, there is a plastic ring attached to one of the legs that is not described in the instruction sheet which is dated 2006. My concern is that I may have purchased an older model at today's prices. Any assistance you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.
ticktock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2010, 1:28 PM   #2

From your description it looks as if your tripod does more than the new description. so other than feeling cheated if it's old, maybe you're ahead. i just bought the 055 and it too has a plastic "ring" around one leg. with what looks like an allen key socket in it. i don't know what it's for either.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 6:27 PM   #3

does that plastic ring look like this:
http://photovideo.com.au/manfrotto-c...er-p-4292.html
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:40 PM   #4

Yes, that is it. I see it fits the hex nuts on the tripod legs. The clerk at the store told me it was for retaining wires from cable releases.
ticktock is offline   Reply With Quote