Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Dec 16, 2010, 2:10 AM   #1

Default Tripod for Pentax K-X

Hi All,

I have Pentax K-x with 2 kit lens, 18-55 and 55-300. What kind of tripod can I get for under $80.

Thanks
raylee011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2010, 8:57 AM   #2

At that price range, your choices are going to be limited. What do you want to use it for? Knowing a little more will help - are you going to be using it only inside? Or are you a hiker planning on using it on a wind-swept mountain, miles from the trailhead? Are you planning on using it for snowshoeing? Or are you just thinking a tripod would be nice to have, and you aren't sure what you will be using it for and want to get some experience with just anything to see if you're going to find one useful? Since your budget is limited, there's no point in telling you about light-weight and more expensive tripods if you are going to be using it indoors and rarely moving it very far. On the other hand, there's no point in talking about cheap, heavy aluminum tripods when you are going to be snowshoeing. If you just want to explore tripods in general, want something really light and will be able to be flexible about where you set it up, perhaps a gorillapod or tabletop tripod might work well.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:00 PM   #3

I love taking night pictures outdoor. And I am not planning to go somewhere that is very windy. I am not a hiker neither.

I just want a general purpose tripod. Nothing crazily expensive that is why I want to limit my budget. I was looking at
Cullmann Nanomax Tripod but they seems short. I am about 5.8 tail, will it be tall enough for me.
raylee011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:15 AM   #4

I happened to pick up a UK magazine with a review of lightweight travel tripods. One of the top rated was the Slik Sprint Pro II (other top rated one is not available in US).
http://www.amazon.com/Slik-Sprint-Tr...2565996&sr=8-1
I have a Manfrotto 190XPROB but would consider this one or a Benro for travel.
paniolo is offline   Reply With Quote