Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:39 AM   #1

Default MANFROTTO 190XPROB + 496 RC2 head?

Hello, i just found this tripod kit online for what seemed to me like a ridiculous price of roughly 40$ (new). Im not sure if the store got the pricing wrong as i see that it goes for around 200$ on amazon.
Anyhow, i ordered it right away and now im wondering if anybody has any experience on it? Its pretty lightweight but it should handle my canon 60d and 70-300mm lens right?
sasaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:49 AM   #2

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

I have the 190XPROB tripod and have been very pleased with it. Not being Carbon Fiber, it is bulky--but for my use, it works very well. I think it is good value for the money. I use a 488 ball head on mine and it easily supports my Nikon D300s+ Grip + 70-200 f2.8 zoom. The 496RC 2 has a stated capacity of 13 obs which should more than adequately handle your 60D + 70-300mm.

That price does seem too good to be true though! If it works out, that is a great buy! You might want to check out the seller's ratings at www.resellerratings.com.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:14 AM   #3

Cool, thanks! Now im pretty excited. I never had a quality tripod, just cheapos. And im convinced that the online store got prices messed up as the tripod alone costs 200$ other places. I just hope they will deliver the order. Btw, this is in Norway and im just aproximately converting the prices to USD.
sasaboss is offline   Reply With Quote