Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Aug 5, 2004, 9:09 AM   #1

I have a Slik Sprint Pro tripod which I am very happy with. I was thinking to buy for it a pan head addon so as to easy move the camera in shooting certain wildlife photos without having to unscrew/rescrew the ballhead screw(s). I also need it for using my video camera flexibly. I think a 3 way Panhead with QuickRelease is what I need!

Questions:

1) Can I add such a pan-head to my tripod?

2) If yes should I buy one specifically for the Slik Sprint or these are universal and can be added on on most tripods, irrispective of the brand / model.

3) Any particular panhead (80-150USD) that you recommend which is excellent

Please help I do not have any idea what to look for

marz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 5, 2004, 12:59 PM   #2

no what you need is a ball head with a quick release. this of course will depend on the way you shoot. but then you will find that out after you get the pan head with a QR. just remember to get one that you can get additional plates for.

as long as you can screw off the original head you can put any head one either native or with an adapter screw. standard base thread is a 3/8-16.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2004, 2:37 PM   #3

What exactly are the advantages / disadvantages of aball head QR vs the pan tilt assembly. AFAIK, with ballhead you have to move the whole camera and then lock it when you get it in the right position. With pan tilt etc you have sort of levers to do the job without having to handle the camera.

The SLIK Sprint pro has a decent ball head so I wonder if I would buy another Ball head would not any difference.

More help and info is much apprecieted between ballhead QR and pan/tilt assmbly QR before I order one. Recommendation of good examples of the above also welcomed.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 3:39 AM   #4

I have moved my decission on between the Slik Af2100 or Manfrotto 322RC2 for faster and easier use on the field. Read my other post regards this matter
Old Feb 13, 2005, 11:53 PM   #5

I allready have the Slik Sprint Pro GM with the Slik SBH-100 head, which is a good quick release head?

How can you tell which screw hole size that I need?
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote