Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Apr 20, 2005, 2:10 PM   #1

I received my new Dynatran AT-858CL tripod today for my Canon 20D. This thing is very solidly built...and quite heavy...about 7 to 8 lbs. I purchased it from from ebay (amvona.com is the seller) for about $52 including shipping. I've never seen any tripod this good for this price. Grant, I have no other tripod experience except those $40 to $60 Velbon tripods you find at Best Buy or whatever, but this thing is in a different class than those Velbon tripods. Almost everything about the tripod is made of metal, including the tripod head and quick release plate. This is no flimsy tripod.

Here are the specs: http://www.amvona.com/v7/shop/?page=...roduct_id=2020

Here's the tripod in ebay: http://search-desc.ebay.com/at-858CL...CLQQsofocusZbs
AlpineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:08 AM   #2

Tripod inside bag
Attached Images

Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:09 AM   #3

Tripod unfolded.
Attached Images

Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:09 AM   #4

Tripod head
Attached Images

Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:10 AM   #5

Tripod short
Attached Images

Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:11 AM   #6

Tripod tall
Attached Images

Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:12 AM   #7

Tripod head mounted upside down
Attached Images

Old Apr 21, 2005, 7:40 PM   #8

AlpineMan wrote:
Quote:
...and quite heavy...
Heavy isn't always bad. A cast-iron frying pan is one of the best cooking
implements, but you wouldn't want to take it on a long hike.

I like a three-axis head. Slows me down enough to make me think about what I am doing.
Not the best for something like sports, but I don't do much/any of that.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:22 PM   #9

I bought this tripod cuz:

1) The most I will use this for are indoor shots. I will not be lugging around the tripod...not because it's heavy, it's just that most of the photos I take are family photos. I'm not saying it can't be used outdoors...but that's not one of my major reasons for getting a tripod.

2) Best bang for the buck tripod I've seen. For $52 shipped...heck, I'm happy.

3) I did not want to pay $400, $300, $200, or even $100 for a tripod for what I'd like to use it for...yet I do not want some flimsy tripod either.

4) This tripod is solidly built, very sturdy,has a bubble level, metal quick release plate...basicallyall what I was looking for.

5) I'm confident enough that this tripod will hold my Canon 20D or my camcorder securely without worrying that it might just get knocked over easily.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 9:22 PM   #10

Don't ever buy their products:

I purchased a photo digital video Tungsten light kit by Dynasphos (their brand) and an Umbrella Soft box from this company in July 2005 on eBay. Along with this order, I paid an additional $15 for rush shipping so that my order would be shipped within 24 hours. After 48 hours from the order time, I called to get my tracking number. The customer service person told me that the light kit was backordered and that they did not know when they would get more light kits in and that I would just have to wait. 3 weeks had finally gone by without correspondence from Amvona.com. I called the company and the lady that answered the phone said, "I don't know why they have not shipped your product, this is very strange. I will personally make sure that the products are shipped tomorrow." I had put in a negative rating on eBay because of this problem. I received a phone call from "Matthew - General Manager" saying that he understood that I put in a negative rating on eBay. He told me that unless I removed the rating, I would not receive the product. I have not removed the rating and he has now put a stop shipment order in with FedEx and will not ship the product to me. Don't ever do business with a company that is as dishonest as Amvona.com.
dstover is offline   Reply With Quote