Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Mar 28, 2006, 3:22 AM   #1

Hi....

can anyone please suggest me a tripod (not a mini tripod ) for CANON S2 IS?I want it to be sturdy and easy to carry,for something around 35$.
Thank You
kriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2006, 7:10 PM   #2

commom guys....suggest me something...I'm waiting for your replies.....
Old Apr 3, 2006, 8:34 PM   #3

You will not find what you want. Tripods are sturdy, light, cheap: pick any two of those. For $35 you are going to get something that is about as light as a pile of cast iron drain pipes, or will be sturdy enough to hold your camera up until you turn your back - when it drops it lens first onto a rock.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:42 PM   #4

Bill is right, If your budget only allows $35, you couldlook into a camcorder tripod. They are generally more stable and support more weight. In that price range, you will be hard pressed to find a light one so I'd instead look for a strong/stable one- better a sore back than a broken camera. Personally, I would not buy one online, I prefer to set it up, try to tip it over, check that it is sturdy enough to take some abuse and that the operating gear isn't loose. Most will collapse well enough to carry easily, and even a fairly heavy tripod isn't generally that cumbersome. Good luck!
Mercury694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2006, 10:00 AM   #5

Thank you Bill Drew and Mercury for your suggestions. Could you please suggest what would be the ideal tripod to buy?But I don't want it to be heavy,so that I can carry it around.
Old Apr 16, 2006, 12:52 PM   #6
E.T

BillDrew wrote:
Quote:
Tripods are sturdy, light, cheap: pick any two of those.
Definitely... For example one cheap Giottos which should handle 3kg/6lb weight according to them causes horizon to tilt even with KM A2 and batterygrip weighting ~1kg. Sure it's light but that's about it... Like it's said, cheap and good mean two different things.

I bought Cullman's tripod which carries 3.5kg (just half kg more than Giottos statement) according to them and it's couple steps sturdier, also that models has separate center column which can be used as monopod which is much lighter to carry when there isn't need for time exposures.
(already that would definitely help much with long tele in not so bright daylight)
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote