Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jun 4, 2008, 8:13 PM   #1

Hello all. I figured I'd join the club and finally introduce myself after over three years of posting on the site. My name is Rick and I've been shooting since the age of 18, when I recieved a completely manual Ricoh SLR for graduation. I haven't had any formal training..just a lot of reading and trial and (lots of) error. In the 20 years since, (I just turned 38) I used Minoltas, first a 300si, then a 400si and a 2xi. I switched to Nikon in 2002 buying an N80. I had a few point and shoot digitals, starting with a Canon powershot, then a minolta 414, then a couple of Sony's, a DSCp93, and then a V3. When Nikon released the D50, I gave up film. I began picking up a few photography jobs here and there, shooting sports teams, and occasional family portraits and weddings for friends and family. I do some stock work and sell some pieces here and there at local shows in the Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati area. In 2006, I got the D80, and just got a D300. I now work several photography gigs in between my real job (after years of working in big box retail, I now run a small company for a group of investors)..mostly shooting local sports teams and doing some portrait and wedding work. My new camera, has made this so much easier...I'm not sure how I ever got anything done with my D80 or D50 after using the D300 for a few weeks. I enjoy coming to the forums and offering help. With everything going on in my life, I don't post as much as I'd like, but I still visit nearly every day. Thanks Steve for providing a fun and friendly place to talk photography.

Here are some pics of my family and I...........first my youngest
Attached Images

rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2008, 8:14 PM   #2

my oldest son..
Attached Images

Old Jun 4, 2008, 8:15 PM   #3

my family and I
Attached Images