Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jun 18, 2008, 5:45 PM   #1

Hi, my name is Eliseo, I live in Cordoba, Argentina, I' m happy to being now a member of Steves-digicams' forum. I am a begginer photographer. I started about five years ago when i buy my first second-hand Nikon coolpix 775.
Nowadays i use a Coolpix L1 Camera and i'm looking for a large-zoom camera like a Canon S5 IS, Panasonic FZ18, Olympus 550 UZ or perhaps a Sony H9
Finally, i'd like to suggest to Steves-digicams to return to the old way to show the CAMERA REVIEWS. It' s hard now to find a camera: i donĀ“t know the exactly year or the order of appeared of each one: it's easier to search if I know the manufacturer and the resolution, i think.
Thanks and a big hug for each one!
zonaarguello is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2008, 8:50 AM   #2

Welcome Eliseo-

I very nice indeed to have you on the Forum. I noticed that your avatar nicely shows aircraft in a sunset. Do you also have some connection to aircraft as well? As a professional Digital Camera Instructor who teaches on cruise ships, I have many times sailed between Valparaiso and Buenos Aires and visited Mendoza years ago.

Sincerely,

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2008, 12:23 AM   #3

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Welcome Eliseo-

I very nice indeed to have you on the Forum. I noticed that your avatar nicely shows aircraft in a sunset. Do you also have some connection to aircraft as well? As a professional Digital Camera Instructor who teaches on cruise ships, I have many times sailed between Valparaiso and Buenos Aires and visited Mendoza years ago.

Sincerely,

Sarah Joyce
Oh, Sarah, your job is as niceas mine!
I really like planes and my job is... Air Traffic Controller!

I have bought recently a second-handCanon Powershot S3 IS and I hope to take a lot of pictures of Planes, Nature, Flowers, Bugs, Sports, landscapes, etc. Just like a fan.

My city is in the middle of Argentina, we do not have got sea but (if you came) you may teach in our "San Roque Lake", in Carlos Paz Town, pleasant tourist place near Cordoba City. :-)

I visited Valparaiso, I think that it is a beautiful place, I was surprised for the lights in the hills, seemed to raise to the sky.

Mendoza and Buenos Aires are as nice as Cordoba, do you agree? I hope to show you soon some of our beauties!

Eliseo

Old Jul 4, 2008, 9:07 PM   #4

Eliseo-

We share a similar background. I am a retired Boeing 747 Captain. I used to fly for Trans World Airlines before they were purchased by American Airlines.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 11:22 AM   #5

As Air Traffic Controller, I assisted in 2003 to a seminary where I met Mr. Dodson, a retired B777 (I believe) Captain from United Airlines, do you know him?
These year he was collaborating with us in the English Proficiency Program.