Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jun 25, 2008, 12:01 AM   #1

Hi, my name is Robert and I am a Florida native. I was born here and except for a stint in the US Army and a tour in Vietnam, I have lived here most of my 59 years. I have always been a mechanic of sorts, primarily military aircraft, both fixed and rotary winged. I have been interested in photography for about 40 years(you would think I'd be a pro :lol and bought my first and only DSLR in april of 2006. I love digital photography because of the instant feedback you get. Where were these things in 1970? Anyway, I found Steves while researching the Nikon D50 I bought, and, to my way of thinking, this is the best site of its kind on the internet. As was said before, trolls and nasty people don't hang around long here.

In the style of JohnG and others, I will post a picture of myself, and "the Boy".

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 25, 2008, 7:37 AM   #2

..............from one Robert to another, "glad to meet you Robert". I agree whole heartedly with you, 'here's the place'.

_________
boBBrennan
Arlington, TX
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 10:58 PM   #3

Thanks, Bob. My dad was a Texan, born in Winona in east texas, and I have uncles in Dallas and Lubbock, as well as Lindale. I lived in Wichita Falls for a number of years when Dad was stationed at Sheppard AFB. I also attend a family re-union each year in Winona, so I have a spot in my heart for the great state. Robert
Old Jul 3, 2008, 8:44 AM   #4

Welcome Robert-

It is a pleasure to say "hello." I have seen your posts in the Forum. I like your step by step way of addressing a problem. I too have a very small connection to Pensacola as well. I went through Navy Flight Training there some 51 years ago.

Sincerely,

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:19 PM   #5

Hi Sarah, Thanks for the comment. You are back home for the moment? I hope your cruise went well. Robert
Old Jul 4, 2008, 9:10 PM   #6

Hi Robert-

No we are just "passing through" once again. We head off for a month long contract doing Alaskan cruises tomorrow. We just finished a great contract in Europe.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote