Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Aug 27, 2008, 5:38 PM   #1

Hi im new to all this photography but im willing to learn. I bought a Fuji Finepix S1000fd yesterday and still getting to grips with it. If any of you have hints or tips i could try it would be great.

Emma
rabbitrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2008, 5:42 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Hi Emma and welcome to Steve's!

Congratulations on your new purchase and it's good to have another person from the UK here :-).

The best way to learn is to get shooting and share some shots, we have a few areas worth checking out for you, the newbie questions, the Fuji Point and Shoot section and also the themed photo sections. You will find most people here more than happy to help you learn.

So get out there, take some shots are share them with us.

Happy shooting,

Mark
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2008, 5:45 PM   #3

Hi Mark thanks for the welcome, im so new to all this haha but cant wait to learn loads of new things.

I have put a pic on close ups even though it is only a weed thats all i ahve in my garden im afraid. I will check out the boards you mentioned too.

Thanks Emma

Old Aug 29, 2008, 5:50 PM   #4

Hi well took my camera back Fuji Finepix S1000fd as i was having a few problems with it. I have now bought the Sony Alpha A200 and its looks a brill camera cant wait to use it when i get my memory card.

Any comments or advice about this camera would be great.

Emma

Old Aug 29, 2008, 7:23 PM   #5
Super Moderator

WOW congratulations, you will not be unhappy at all with the results from an alpha 200, nice!!

Same advice, play play play. Start with the pre programmed settings and see what happens and then get some advice from everyone here on using things like aperture priority etc.

Which lens/lenses did you get?
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 4:21 AM   #6

Hi it certainly seems alot easier to use and the instructions are more in depth and easier to understand im so excited im going out to use it today lol. The lens came with the camera it is an 18-70mm.

Emma