Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Sep 4, 2008, 2:05 AM   #1

Hello there, anyone.

SOS. I just joined this forums hoping to learn more about photography. You see, I have purchased S5 like last year but after a while I have encountered more and more difficulties in handling my camera. Trying to understand the manual to befriended with the camera's features but somehow I can't seem to get good shots. Major problem result is my pics turns out to be pixelated (not clear). Some shots turned out great but not often, I called it A Lucky Shots.

Help please.
Anda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2008, 6:45 AM   #2
Administrator

Welcome to the forums.

More than one camera manufacturer has used S5 in their model number (Canon S5 IS, Nikon Coolpix S5 and more). So, I'd give members more information on the brand/model you are having problems with.

Chances are, you're just seeing a noise issue (grainy appearance) to images since you're describing them as pixelated. As ISO speeds are increased (which is how sensitive the camera's sensor is to light), noise tends to increase, too. Usually, the solution is to use a flash in lower light so that you can leave the ISO speed set to a lower value (versus using Auto ISO, where the camera increases automatically). If that's not what you are seeing, you may have changed a setting somewhere impacting your images (resolution, jpeg quality, or something else). So, you may want to reset your camera back to factory defaults. Most models have a menu choice in their setup menus somewhere that can do that for you.

Your best bet would be to start a thread in the forum setup here for your camera brand. If you scroll down through the forums list here, you'll see that we have forums setup for users of major camera brands so that users can share information about them. That way, members here that are more familiar with it can help you figure out what may be going wrong and give you some tips.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 9:05 AM   #3

Thank you very much Jim. My bad, my camera brand is Canon. I will do as said.

Thank you again.
Anda is offline   Reply With Quote