Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Oct 3, 2008, 5:01 AM   #1

Hello!

New to the forums, but not to the site. Avid (25K photos) point and shoot camera user (Canon SX100IS). Lots of questions to ask as I'm looking for 1st DSLR which I'll post in relevant forum sections. This has to be the best camera resource site on the net.

Kev
LimeyKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 3, 2008, 5:28 AM   #2

LimeyKev wrote:
Quote:
...I'm looking for 1st DSLR...
Given your UK location, you might well find this post of mine yesterday useful. You could even ring up Steve, the expert mentioned there, and get his views on the current models, if you can catch him. He's tried them all.

See... http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...928417#p928417. Read it, click on the link I've given there, & go down the page to see his mini reports onseveralmodels.

Good luck! (I'm a Kodak superzoom hybrid fan myself.) I'll look forward to seeing some of your images posted round here, preferably in one the general forums, rather than buried in a brand-specific forum. I recommend trying the 'Post your Photos/Biweekly Shootout' forum, which will exercise your imagination!...

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...orum.php?id=85

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2008, 11:04 AM   #3

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply. I have had a good read of the camera shop writeup on Hybrid vs DSLR . Very interesting, though I have had to wait until I returned home from work to be able to fully appreciate the Kodak Hybrid vs. Canon dSLR comparison photos:G.

I'll try to post some photos as soon as I get time.

Thanks,

Kevin.
Old Oct 3, 2008, 12:51 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Hi Kev and welcome to Steve's!!

I'm glad I don't live in Brixham, I would spend far too much money as you have one of the best camera shops in the country there.... ok, so it's not the largest but certainly a good one.

Looking forward to seeing some of your shots and I'm sure you will find the advice you need on a new camera.

Happy shooting,

Mark
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2008, 2:32 PM   #5

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the welcome.

Amazing isn't it...lived in Torbay for nearly 40 years, and Brixham for at least 8 of them, and I have never beed in that shop. A colleague recommended it about a week ago so will possibly popping in this weekend to get my handsaround a few cameras.

Kevin.