Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Feb 15, 2009, 1:16 PM   #1

Hello All,

I decided to register here because during my web searches while doing research on the purchase of a compact camcorder I ended up finding many results that led me to this site.

I'm very new to computers and just began taking some videos on my point and shoot camera last year while spending the summer in the White Mountains.

I've decided I want to make better quality videos and am trying to make a choice on the right camcorder.

After watching lots of videos on You Tube and Vimeoand pretty much decided on the Aiptek GVS mainly because of the zoom that seems to have a better auto focus than the Sanyo.

I was about to buy one when I checked out the system requirementswhich state that a 3.2 ghz processor and 1 gb of RAM are required. Therefore I will also need to get another laptop as well since my current onehas much less than required.

So I have spent the last couple of hours trying to find the system requirements of the Sanyo HD1010 someplace on the web with no luck at all. I'm hoping thatI may be able to use my current pc that has only 504 MB RAM and a 1.46 GHZ processor.

So,can anybody tell me the processor speed and RAM needed for the HD1010?

And can I use a slower speed of processor than 3.2 with the Aiptek?

Any help will be much appreciated and I'm sure that the knowledgable folks on here will be of much help in my new endeavor.

Thanks, Mark
bttlmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2009, 1:35 PM   #2

Chose the Aiptek GVS,now for the hard part...figuring out editing,etc..
bttlmark is offline   Reply With Quote