Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:38 PM   #1

Hi everyone..new to group. I tried to upload via USB my many pics from Panny FZ28 to my computer (running Windows XP Pro Serv Pack 2) and it would not recognize the camera. I'd just uploaded pics from a couple of other cameras without any problem. I installed all the software figuring any drivers needed were there, to no avail. I'm stuck!
bunnyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:51 PM   #2

Maybe stick the card in a multicard reader and see if the card is okay. And if you have to download them from the reader.

Might want to go to Panasonic and get the most current driver for the camera and install it. I never trust package drivers. Almost always an update out there.

JGB
pacman1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2009, 2:04 PM   #3

I was hoping not having to go with a card reader, but I may have to. I did a quick check on Panasonic's site, but guess I missed the drivers. I'll try again and hope it's there! I had googled this and came across a couple of similar cases, the answer to one was the card reader.

Thank you!
Old Mar 2, 2009, 7:00 PM   #4

I don't know if you live near a Target store, but they have little black SD card readers resembling USB drives for about $6 plus tax. They are very easy to use and very fast.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2009, 9:54 AM   #5

Thank you for the heads up! I am near a Target (at times I think too close...) and will definitely try to find one.

bunnyp