Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:00 PM   #1

Can anyone help me i take photos of motocross and i wanted to know if there is any software that i can use to search pictures and find according to the numbers on the bike.
Just the kids come up to me and say can i see the pictures of say for instance number 27.
I use picassa at events but it would be nice to also have the option of finding there photos by searching bu bike race number.
Gary Cambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:12 PM   #2
Administrator

In Picasa, if you run your mouse cursor over the icons at the bottom of the screen after you highlight a photo, you'll see an icon you can click on that lets you tag photos for searches. If you select this icon, you can enter in words that you can search by (for example, 27).

The software isn't going to be smart enough to read the numbers from an image. But, you can enter any search terms you want to for any given image, then search by those terms later. Just view each photo, enter the number you want to using the tag feature, and you an search for photos that have the same tag (whatever you entered) later. For example, you can select "View>Search Options" and you'll see an entry screen in the upper right hand corner that you can type 27 in to find any photos you tagged that way.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:17 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply i guess i am looking for something that has not been invented yet, when i do the social events proms ladys festivals its not a prob just the motocross seams to be the prob due to the quantity of pics approx 1000 to 1500 per meeting

Gary Cambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:28 PM   #4
Administrator

I'm not aware of any image management applications that are capable of reading the numbers from images yet (like OCR software can do with standard font types).

It's amazing that image editors have face recognition now. So, something like you're looking for may come along at some point. In the meantime, you can manually enter tags that you can use for searches later in a number of applications.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote