Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old May 19, 2009, 5:27 PM   #1

Default New Newbie!

Hello

Just thought that I would introduce myself! I am new to forums and new to my Canon EOS Rebel XSI!

I am from Prince Edward Island, Canada. Eastern Canada The earth is red and at this time of the year when the grass starts to grow and the trees green up, it's just beautiful with the contrast in coulours.

I trust that I will learn alot here with all the knowledgeable members, and hope that I don't do anything that is too wrong!

3Frog
3Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 19, 2009, 9:57 PM   #2

Hi 3Frog
Welcome to the forums, there is an absolute wealth of information here I'm sure you will find very useful. I to am only new as well but have learnt so much in such a short period. Enjoy your stay
Joshstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 10:17 AM   #3
Administrator

Welcome to the forums, and congrats on the new XSi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Frog View Post
I trust that I will learn alot here with all the knowledgeable members, and hope that I don't do anything that is too wrong!
With digital, it's simple to experiment, since you don't have any developing costs. That makes it easy to take the same photo using a variety of settings so that you can learn what works and what doesn't. If you run into something you don't understand about your new camera, just ask about it in our Canon EOS dSLR Forum and some of our Canon shooters can probably give you some tips.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2009, 11:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Welcome to the forums, and congrats on the new XSi.

With digital, it's simple to experiment, since you don't have any developing costs. That makes it easy to take the same photo using a variety of settings so that you can learn what works and what doesn't. If you run into something you don't understand about your new camera, just ask about it in our Canon EOS dSLR Forum and some of our Canon shooters can probably give you some tips.
Thank you so much for the welcome!

You are correct, with digital, the cost is not there for developing. I am so new at this, however I am having a great time taking photos of everything that I see from senery to my husband, son and anything in between.

Thanks for letting me know about the Canon Eos dslr forum, this will be an other great source of information.
3Frog
Old May 23, 2009, 11:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshstar View Post
Hi 3Frog
Welcome to the forums, there is an absolute wealth of information here I'm sure you will find very useful. I to am only new as well but have learnt so much in such a short period. Enjoy your stay
Thank you for the welcome as well. Two newbies at the same time...hope the forum is ready for us!
3Frog
Old May 29, 2009, 1:28 PM   #6

welcome to the forum and have fun surfing here