Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Aug 20, 2009, 11:26 AM   #1

Default Hello from Sweden!

Hello everybody!
Start by saying that this seems to be a very nice forum. I have been in reading it for a while, and now decided to registrate.

I am a beginner hobby photographer. I have been filming for a while with my camcorder. Have always liked taking photos. Since my wife have been a hobby photographer for a couple of years and bought a Canon EOS 450D a while ago, I tried it and was hooked. Its really fun and Im learning alot hanging on forums and of course by photoing.

I have a Canon HF100 HD camcorder which I like very much. Its an incredible camcorder. I also have a Samsung S-630 compact camera which actually is a really priceworthy camera.

My wife has got a Canon EOS 450D with a 18-55, and a 70-300 objective. She also has got a Kodak Easyshare C-813 compact camera.

I have now ordered my first more advanced camera in the shape of a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28. Ive searched a while after a supperzoom camera and decided to buy the FZ28, but it was out of stock everywhere. So I had to rethink. Decided to get the Canon SX-10 instead, but when I finally was going to order it I checked if the same store had got the FZ28 again, and they had. I think I ordered the last FZ28 they had.

So probably I will finaly get my FZ28 tomorrow, and I just cant wait to get it.
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2009, 11:29 AM   #2
Administrator

Welcome to the forums.

Congrats on the FZ28. It's being replaced by the DMC-FZ38 (a.k.a., DMC-FZ35 in the U.S.). So, it's getting harder to find now.

Please let us know how you like it when it arrives. It's been a popular model.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2009, 11:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Welcome to the forums.

Congrats on the FZ28. It's being replaced by the DMC-FZ38 (a.k.a., DMC-FZ35 in the U.S.). So, it's getting harder to find now.

Please let us know how you like it when it arrives. It's been a popular model.
Thank you.
Yes I know that there is an update on the FZ28 coming. I think the release of the FZ38 in sweden is in september/october. Ive read about it and there doesnt seem to be that much different then the FZ28. Not much enough for me to wait for it. I like what I have read about the FZ28 so it will be fun try it out. I will surely tell how I like it, and maybe post some pictures taken with it as soon as I get it.
Best regards/Daniel
Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:29 AM   #4

Default Update!

I thought it was time to do an update since much has happened since I joined here.

For a little more than a year ago I got Tick Borne Encephalitis (TBE), and almost died. I have been sick for about a year, and the only thing I have done during my sickness is to upgrade my photo gear, take tons of photos, (Over 20000 photos in a year), and relaxed. I am still not 100% healthy. I have a problem with my short-term memory, and I also have some trouble with my concentration. The TBE disease have really got me thinking about life. A year ago I wa certain I was going to die. I really appreciate life more now.
I have just started to get back to work, and I have just started my own business where I work as a security consult and also teach about security, selfdefense, personal protection etc. Im also kind of an entrepreneur so Im sure I will do a lot of different work. Im also going to do some photo jobs whenever I get some. I have got a lot of credit for many of my photos, and got 4 of my photos on an exibition on the Swedish Photo Fair.

I have 2 websites.
The old one is www.dsprotection.se
And my new one is www.danielskilberg.se

Im also on Myspace

Twitter

And heres my new blog

I would love for you to read my blog and maybe write a comment. The first ten good comments on my blog will recieve a free copy of my little selfdefense guide. My first little e-book.

Also feel free to add me on twitter.

I have been on this forum for almost a year and I absolutely love it.

Best regards/Daniel