Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:41 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEGA View Post
Thanks Brian for the response. As with underwear, I am always changing my mind. My daughter says most competition for cheer you can't video, so a still camera is still in the hopper. If I ccan convince tham of a dslr, I am thinking of the Nikon D5000. Or, D90 is it drops in price. I read Sara's notes and it appears Nikon has the bewtter pro cameras, so if I am going to invest and be investing in glass, I might as well start with the name which will make me tha happesest in the long run. Have you or anybody reading this purchases froim swoops? They are showing how many Nikons (D90s) have been purchased for $36.00. It costs $0.60 cente per bid.
Some day I'l learn to spell, hope you understand this!
JOEGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEGA View Post
Thanks Brian for the response. As with underwear, I am always changing my mind. My daughter says most competition for cheer you can't video,
Here's a bit of research you might want to do - find out WHY they don't allow video. IF it really comes down to money/licensing (i.e. they don't want people producing their own videos they want to control that) you may find that in short order DSLR cameras will be banned. With each generation of DSLR coming out, the video performance gets better and better. I don't shoot cheer so I can't comment. But it's something worth looking into or a year from now you may find you're not allowed to bring your DSLR to an event.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote