Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Oct 31, 2009, 9:58 AM   #1

Default Jelly effect

Jelly effect - I've heard about this very little. Is it common with movie clip abilities in DSLRs? I first heard of it in the site on RED cameras. Then in one camera review of the Cannon SX1IS. I am afraid if I am taking pics in a gym, of cheerleaders being tossed in the air, they will look funny when viewing the clip on my HD TV. Anybody have any information on the jelly effect?
JOEGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2009, 12:42 PM   #2

The only thing I heard about was during movies (not photos) when the lens is zoomed out...don't know if that's what you are talking about? If so, it won't affect your photos (no matter how they are viewed); it seems more a problem with the sensor of the dSLR not being able to keep up with the movie.
javacleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2009, 3:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by javacleve View Post
The only thing I heard about was during movies (not photos) when the lens is zoomed out...don't know if that's what you are talking about? If so, it won't affect your photos (no matter how they are viewed); it seems more a problem with the sensor of the dSLR not being able to keep up with the movie.
yes it is the movie clip I am speking of. I've concluded it is best to get a separate cmcorder and camera rather than expect a great combination.
JOEGA is offline   Reply With Quote