Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:39 PM   #1

Default UK calling...

I've been resisting the temptation to join this (and any other forum) for a long time because I don't want to get hooked! (I hate the idea of 'living' online, so you won't find me on facebook, twitter or anywhere else.) However, I've followed the fortunes of the HS10 since I accidentally came across it's announcement many weeks ago and Steve's seems to be about the best for information and user interaction. It's a site I've often turned to for solid reviews and impartial information.
A brief history: I started with a Zenit B some 40 years ago and graduated to a Pentax ME Super which I stuck with for many years. In the late 90's I tried a Mustek digital thingy (little more than a portable webcam really) and followed it up with an Olympus Camedia C2500L (excellent for a 2.5Mp box), a Minolta H7i which died of a Sony sensor disease (which most of that model did) and latterly a FinePix 9100 - a brilliant camera which someone did me the dirty by pinching it. Hence the need for a replaceent now and I'm hankering after an HS10 (see thread).
Unfortunately I've had little time for photography in the last few years and I want to get back into it. See the Fujifilm HS10 thread for further posts...
daved163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2010, 4:22 PM   #2

Hiya! Welcome to the forum!

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:01 AM   #3

Hi ,
This is a great site, where you will find probably all of your questions answered.
Excluding me there are some very knowledgeable guys and gals here.
Best wishes.
Holster + Shoulder Bag.
Beike carbon 4 section tripod/monopod
Gorillapod SLR Zoom + BH1 ball head
Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ200
Nissin D i40 Flash
+ SLR Gorillapod
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:28 PM   #4

I've used Steve's on and off for a decade - the reviews were some of the best, technically speaking. It's nice to see some extra input from the experts on technique & composition, etc., as this was traditionally a weak area. I've particularly enjoyed Benjamin Kanarek's articles & photos - were that we could all achieve such perfection and I say that having very little interest in fashion photography.
daved163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 6:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by daved163 View Post
I've used Steve's on and off for a decade - the reviews were some of the best, technically speaking. It's nice to see some extra input from the experts on technique & composition, etc., as this was traditionally a weak area. I've particularly enjoyed Benjamin Kanarek's articles & photos - were that we could all achieve such perfection and I say that having very little interest in fashion photography.
I think I am Blushing...
benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote