Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jul 4, 2010, 9:13 AM   #1

Default Hello from sunny England!

Hi Guys, my name is Matt. Just bought a Fuji HS10 after having an S5600 for a few years. Actually found this site while looking for reviews on the HS10, and seeing as it looks so friendly I decided to register. Hope to pick up some tips to improve my photography as most other sites I have been on are more interested in the gear and Photoshop! Just a couple snaps from my S5600 from a year, any opinions?

Anyone else feel this little guy would have your finger off if your dare go near the wire?

Last edited by Kenzie; Jul 4, 2010 at 9:28 AM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2010, 10:55 AM   #2
Administrator

Hey Matt. Welcome to the forums. For tips on photos, your best bet is to post them in one of our Post your Photos Forums making sure that members know you don't mind comments and critique.

Or, for more detailed critique on an individual image (versus a group of images), try our Photo Critiques Forum, which is setup for that purpose to help members improve. Make sure to see that forum's guidelines here:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ph...e-posting.html
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 11:08 AM   #3

Yeah, I just spotted that section so resized the shots and posted. Would love some tips and help!
Old Jul 4, 2010, 11:16 AM   #4
Administrator

Some of our members should help out. But, note that for future reference, you should only post one photo per thread in that forum. See the Guidelines I posted a link to.

That way, you get more detailed comments on how to improve a specific photo, versus general comments about a group of photos that may not help you learn much.

If you'd prefer to post a group of photos, it's best to use one of the other Post your Photo Forums (and you can still ask for comments and critique that way). But, the Critiques Forum is designed for members wanting more detailed Critique on a specific image to help them learn how to improve taking a similar image later. You'll often get tips on crops that may work better for a specific image, too.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:21 AM   #5

And with the mention of England, I want to see nice pics of the tourist sites. They may not be interesting to you who live there, but they are to others (me). I particularly like shots of structures that have shown up in movies. Like the new Sherlock Holmes for example.
tia...
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2010, 6:26 PM   #6

Welcome Kenzie-

We delighted to have you join the Forum. We have a very active group of HS-10 owners who hang out in the Fuji P+S.

The photos you posted are very good looking. Is there a story behind that P-51 Mustang photo. Perhaps you are a pilot, or an aviation fan?? 40 years ago when I ferried airplanes all over the world, I had the pleasure of delivering a P-51 to a new owner.

His jaw really dropped when a woman climbed out of his new Mustang. But he became much more respectful when we began discussing our ratings and his proposed transition program to get P-51 qualified.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2010, 12:28 PM   #7

I wish I was a pilot, but alas it was just an airshow! On another note, my relationship with the HS10 has been short lived. It developed a sensor fault and has been returned for a Nikon D5000 which is going to take some learning!