Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Aug 15, 2010, 7:36 PM   #1

Default Hrisi from Romania

Hello everybody! I live in Romania but I spend my summer hollidays in Gulf Shores, Al. for 11 years.
I discovered the art of photography a few months ago, even if I was taking pictures for 15 years and had a big passion for it since I was little. I also was admitted to a Romanian photography forum (which required 4 photos for the admission) but I was hit by a nonfriendly attitude as well as a "go and find it yourself" guide... and I decided to join this forum because Shoturtle indicated it as a nice forum to improving my skills.
I hope I can find here some good advices and friendly people as I wish I could move forward into this big world of photography where everyone can find his place.
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:11 AM   #2

Welcome to steve's
Old Aug 16, 2010, 1:00 AM   #3

Welcome to Steve's, Hrisi. I am glad you choose the Gulf Coast for your vacation each year. I am about 50 km from Gulf Shores, a very nice place. Do you ever eat at Lulu's on the Intercoastal Canal? She is Jimmy Buffer's sister, and he has been known to show up unannounced to do a couple of sets, before the word gets out. Did you make it this year, what with the oil and all? Just curious.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2010, 1:36 AM   #4

Hello, Hrisi! I am glad that you join the forum. Greetings from here in central Finland. I look forward to seeing some of your photos.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2010, 2:52 AM   #5

Hrisi,

If you really feel upto it, the biweekly shoot out is a very good learning tool. It makes you think out of what you are uses too, and a good tool to advance you photography.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/bi...-shoot-out-78/

Also the pentax guys run a good monthly challenge, and it gives you more time about what you want to shoot. They are really friendly to all brands, not just pentax.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pe...challenge.html

And here is a good how to for uploading photos on steves so the board do not crunch them and make them look soft. As there is a size and dimension limit on uploads.
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ge...oto-forum.html

Last edited by shoturtle; Aug 16, 2010 at 3:07 AM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2010, 5:43 PM   #6

Thank you everybody for the warm welcome. I'll try to post photos as soon as possible, now that I also have the link to figure out how to do it.

Hawgwild, I'll dissapoint you but we've never been to Lulu's... yet. Waited for the kids to grow bigger.

Oil spill is a long story but I'll try to make it short: whenever we've arrived here in June, the whole area looked like a war zone and the beach was miserable. Now it looks a lot better, the sand is clean again and the tar balls are not that many close to the shore. The locals were open to talk about all the mess BP did here, but now everybody is trying to ignore and forget the incident. I, myself posted some photos on my facebook profile with the mess on the beach and I've felt that my "friends" in the area are not talking to me anymore. It means losing money for the whole area, so they want to stop talking about the oil spill.

Well, I'll just stop talking about me and in a couple of days I'll start doing what I'm supposed to do here. I'm open to critiques because I want to learn and move forward.

Thanks again!