Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Nov 13, 2010, 7:59 PM   #1

Default running in reverse

Hi
I guess i have done this thing backwards. ha. I have already posted some pix for critique before i did the introductions. Love the feedback. There is so much information on here i am quickly becoming obsessed. I am like many new people to this site love to take pictures but havent had much if any instruction on technical issues. Glad to be here. Hope u guys dont mind commenting on less than steller photos. I hope to get better. jenn
jenns eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2010, 11:20 PM   #2

welcome, what are you shooting your photos with?
Old Nov 13, 2010, 11:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
welcome, what are you shooting your photos with?

well now i have an Olympus sp-600UZ but not all of the pix i have posted were with that camera. I just wanted to know what more experienced people thought of the pix i have taken. I have to learn alot. I think i am limited with what i can do maybe because of the camera. It is just a hobby so it dosent have to pay the bills but i would like to get better.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 11:48 PM   #4

There is some stuff you can do with a megazoom, and others stuff you can not. Shallow DOF is something that is not really suited for a point and shoot, and low light shooting.

But if you get good separation from your subject and the background, you can achieve some shallow dof effects with the long zoom. Macro shooting is a very strong suite with megazoom cameras.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 2:01 AM   #5

ok thanx that was helpful. hear are a couple pix i did with macro,i had never used it before at all so i just wanted to see what it did. the colors are good and its crisp but i didnt take a picture of anything really. And so in DOF u get a sharp image with a blured back ground? kinda of what i would have liked to do with the last picture. U have been a big help. never knew i had so much to learn
Attached Images