Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:37 PM   #1

Default digimax201 help

Hello everyone! I have been searching for some help with this camera for over a month and stumbled upon this site! Hope someone can help me. I'm trying to put a memory card in this camera and I keep getting a card error message. I took my camera to the local camera center in the drug store and the clerk tried every memory card that they sell and none would work. What am I doing wrong?? Please help!! Thanks so much!!
tracerfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2011, 4:58 AM   #2
Administrator

You were probably trying SDHC cards.

That's an older model camera and it's not compatible with SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) cards.

You'll need to stick with SD (Secure Digital) cards, not SDHC Cards. Not only are SDHC cards larger than SD Cards, but they communicate with the camera differently, and they use a different file system type (FAT32). Your camera can't use SDHC.

A 2GB SD card will probably work in it (you'd have to try one to find out). But, to be safer, stick with a 1GB or smaller SD card (as some older devices have problems with cards larger than 1GB).

SDHC Cards (4GB or larger) are not going to work in it.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:34 PM   #3

Thanks for answering Jim! I tried a 2GB memory card that I ordered from a camera shop on line that told me it was the memory card that worked in this camera. I'll try to find a 1gb or less and see if that will work!! Appreciate the help!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:18 AM   #4

Hi Jim....Thanks for the help!! I received a 1GB SD memory card in the mail and it works!!! Really glad I found this site!! Thanks again!!