Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jun 12, 2011, 8:19 PM   #11

We don't call the LCD screen a "viewfinder" - that name's reserved for the little optical viewfinder above it. If you use the LCD screen for pre-viewing that's called "Live View", and on this camera and quite a few others is so slow you really don't want to use it unless the camera's on a tripod somewhere. Once you get used to using the viewfinder you'll prefer it anyway, especially out-of-doors.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 10:27 PM   #12

Thank you for your responses. I am somewhat new to the world of digital (still much prefer the old film cameras and a dark room) so I am a little behind on the terminology and technology.

I have adjusted the settings to what you guys recommended while only in AV mode, and so far so good, it seems so much faster, although to be honest I had really gotten use to using the LCD screen only when shooting. Will take a while to get used to the viewfinder.
christinebadding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:36 PM   #13

I don't recall live view on any of my film cameras