Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jun 4, 2012, 9:29 AM   #1

Default New member from Illinois

Hi everyone, I am not new to photography, however, I am new to "digital" photography. I am an old retired guy and I still love to shoot all kinds of pictures. My love for photography started out in the 1970's with a Canon A1 35MM film camera, still have it and it still works. Had a Nikon too. Both great cameras. This new digital camera technology is great, however it is somewhat intimidating to me as an old guy due to the fact that I did not grow up with this stuff. I am going to have a lot of questions and I hope that you will try to help me out. Thanks.
surplusshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2012, 9:38 AM   #2
Administrator

It's not hard to learn more about digital cameras. The basics are the same (your ISO speed setting is the same thing as the older ASA film speed, and you still have the same aperture and shutter speed combos being used to give you a properly exposed image).

Welcome to Steve's and we hope to see you visiting here often.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2012, 12:44 PM   #3

Thank you very much for the welcome. I think I am going to like this forum. I can see that there is a vast amount of great information here pertaining to digital cameras and digital photography.
surplusshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2012, 12:19 PM   #4

welcome
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote