Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Oct 7, 2012, 9:02 AM   #1

Default Hello I am a newbie, would like some direction.

Hello, I have been checking out the forum and am very impressed with the folks that take time to help others.
I am hoping to find a glossary of terms and abbreviations. I find myself reading some posts and understanding some of what is being conveyed only to run into terminology that I am not familiar with yet. I am not a whiz with computers and tech stuff but have good common sense and a willingness to learn.
My HP point and shoot took a digger, and I would like to find a replacement as well as learn some new technical skills at the same time. Please remember what is basic jargon to many, makes my head tilt like my three year old shepherd mix Otto. Be patient with me please.

Keith
bubba3228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2012, 12:40 PM   #2
Administrator

Hey Keith

Welcome to Steve's

Yes... We sometimes take it for granted that others know what we mean when using some of the terms you tend to see in forums (AF for Autofocus, WB for White Balance, IQ for Image Quality etc.)

So, if you don't understand something you see, please just ask.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 5:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Hey Keith

Welcome to Steve's

Yes... We sometimes take it for granted that others know what we mean when using some of the terms you tend to see in forums (AF for Autofocus, WB for White Balance, IQ for Image Quality etc.)

So, if you don't understand something you see, please just ask.
Thanks for the welcome. Is there a good source out there for the basic terms and do's and don'ts when starting out? I will keep looking as well. I thought maybe some folks from the forum would know of a good basic starter reference. Some terms that I am talking about would be ISO, JPEG,MACRO,DLSR etc. are these acronyms? Feel kind of dumb for asking, however eager to learn.

Keith
bubba3228 is offline   Reply With Quote