Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:30 PM   #1

Default Greetings

I'll be using this site to help choose a camera and learn to use it. Most of my pictures will be outdoors, panoramic views from my llama packing trips, birds from the yard, vacations, mushrooms, whatever. For the last 10 years or so I've used the Canon ELPH models and it's time to get more control with better results. Probably a bridge camera like the Canon SX50 HS or Ninon P510. Something that will accept filters. I barely know what I'm talking about so I'll be leaning on your expertise and experience.
Thank you.
Llamero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2012, 3:18 PM   #2
Administrator

Welcome to Steve's

If you want some help finding a new camera, I'd suggest starting a new thread in our What Camera Should I Buy? Forum, which is the forum that we have setup for that purpose. That way, more members will be more likely to see your inquiry and respond to it.

Give as much info as possible about what you want in the thread you start there (things like subject types, conditions and budget are useful to members responding to posts, along with anything specific you want concerning features, size/weight, etc.).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 3:34 PM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion Jim. I've been reading, searching and following links from that Forum. Wow, it can be overwhelming, but I'm learning how to post a semi-intelligent question. Seems like my options are expanding as fast as the universe. See you over there.
Llamero is offline   Reply With Quote