Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:36 PM   #1

Default Ken in Western North Carolina

I am a retired US Navy veteran with 21.5 years of service. Right out of high school I joined the US Navy and took my senior trip to the South China Sea, in the Gulf of Tonkin onboard the USS Coral Sea CVA-43, an attack aircraft carrier, in Fighter Squadron VF-51, "The Screaming Eagles" during the Vietnam Era. Shortly thereafter I re-enlisted for orders to the South Pacific and served at NAS Cubi Pt. Philippines for 6 years where I became intensely interested in air launched missiles at the intermediate and then depot maintenance level, before weighing anchor and transfering back to the United States where I taught an Air Launched Guided Missile and a Laser Guided Weapons course for three years at NAS North Island, Naval Air Maintenace Training Group (NAMTG) in San Diego, California. Serving as a Naval Instructor was the highlight of my naval career. After that tour of duty, I moved on to the East Coast to serve onboard two aircraft carriers, the USS John F. Kennedy CV-67, where I was the Weapons Dept. Preventive Maintenance and Ships Force Overhaul Management Coordinator and then onboard the USS America CV-66, where I served as ships Air Launched Guided Missile Petty Officer in G-3 Division, respectively. I have traveled a good bit of the world from S. E. Asia,north to the Arctic Circle engaging in NATO exercises with the Norwegians. I have also toured the Mediterranean Sea extensively and enjoyed all the ports thereof. Today I am retired not only from military duties but the civilian sector as well and live in the foothills of Western North Carolina, where today my interests lie in Nature Study (including photograpy as photomacrography/photomicrography), Evolutionary Biology, Fly fishing, Hiking, and Motorcycling.

Last edited by Ken Ramos; Jan 19, 2016 at 2:10 PM. Reason: added info
Ken Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2016, 4:17 AM   #2

How about photography?
wanaclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2016, 5:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanaclick View Post
How about photography?
That also, as it plays a big role in my study of nature.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:43 AM   #4
conor

Welcome to the forums!
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor View Post
Welcome to the forums!
Thanks!