Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   What Camera Should I Buy? (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/what-camera-should-i-buy-80/)
-   -   [Recovered Thread: 53172] (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/what-camera-should-i-buy-80/%5Brecovered-thread-53172%5D-51617/)

Echols Apr 6, 2005 4:43 PM

I like my Minolta XT. Its so small I allways have it with me, but... it needs a higher iso. 1200 or 1600 would be great. Lens needs to be 2.8 or faster. I don't mind a little noise in the pictures. No one lists iso as a feature so its hard to search. Thanks for any info.
Steve

PhilR. Apr 6, 2005 5:42 PM

Echols wrote:
Quote:

No one lists iso as a feature so its hard to search. Thanks for any info.
Steve
I don't know how you could say that. Every single review that I've read here has the ISO listed.....

I know of just one small camera with ISO that high. The new one from Fuji. I just don't remember the model #, but you can easily find that...

PhilR.



hakaplan Apr 7, 2005 1:56 PM

PhilR. wrote:
Quote:

Echols wrote:
Quote:

No one lists iso as a feature so its hard to search. Thanks for any info.
Steve
I don't know how you could say that. Every single review that I've read here has the ISO listed.....

I know of just one small camera with ISO that high. The new one from Fuji. I just don't remember the model #, but you can easily find that...

PhilR.
I don't think he means listed in the specs. Review sites don't list ISO in their overview tables,as theydo with megapixels, zoom, storage media, LCD screen, etc, so without looking at thereview forevery single camera, it's impossible to quickly determine which camera has the highest ISO.

Echols Apr 7, 2005 6:03 PM

I am interested. How can I easily find it? And as the other gentleman states, ISOs aren't listed in spec columns.
Steve

Ramblin_mo Apr 7, 2005 6:24 PM

Echols wrote:
Quote:

I like my Minolta XT. Its so small I allways have it with me, but... it needs a higher iso. 1200 or 1600 would be great. Lens needs to be 2.8 or faster. I don't mind a little noise in the pictures. No one lists iso as a feature so its hard to search. Thanks for any info.
Steve
Pocket size and selling for about $350-the Fuji F10

Fuji F10 has ISO 1600, too bad it only has a LCD and no viewfinder. If they can match a decent fast lens add a 6X optical and a viewfinder, get rid of the pruple fringing they'dget my business.



PhilR. Apr 7, 2005 7:44 PM

hakaplan wrote:
Quote:

I don't think he means listed in the specs. Review sites don't list ISO in their overview tables,as theydo with megapixels, zoom, storage media, LCD screen, etc, so without looking at thereview forevery single camera, it's impossible to quickly determine which camera has the highest ISO.
I know what he meant. My post was put up to emphasize that that information can be found, if one is willing to do their homework. This site (and several others)is a valuable resource that contains enough info to answer most questions asked here, but I guess it is easier to ask others to spoon feed info to you, rather than spending the effort to move the mouse around a bit and find it oneself...

Also, one does not need to look at every single review for a certain feature. Many of the reviews are old and therefore not relevant. And too, one only needs to look at the reviews that coincide with the camera type they want. IOW, why would someone look at the review for a dslr, if they want a sub-compact (or vice-versa).

PhilR.



hakaplan Apr 7, 2005 8:55 PM

I'm sorry, Phil, but I'd have to disagree. I'm not defending wanting to be spoon fed by any stretch, but if you go to Steve's listing for, say 4MP cameras and of the65 or so 3X and 4X zoom models listed, tell me how you can determine the camera size or feature level (advanced, some manual control, fully auto) in order to narrow down your search, if no such information is given in the list. Those fields would be very helpful, but neither Steve nor DCRP provide them. Granted, he might have done a google search, but there are far more commonly asked questions about easily available information than this one. I'd cut him slack in this instance.

As to old reviews, many people would gladly purchase a discontinued model if it had the specific features they sought. I did.

Howard

pianoplayer88key Apr 7, 2005 11:49 PM

same here.
I've been on the lookout for a ~2mp, pocketable, 3x zoom, ISO 800+ (and fairly clean - prefer that 2mp on a 1/2" or larger sensor), F/2.0-, <$100 cam, but so far haven't had any luck finding one.

pianoplayer88key Apr 7, 2005 11:49 PM

double post :( (accidentally hit a link on my links toolbar while I was sending)

howardleigh Jun 5, 2005 3:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Fuji F10 is a great little camera, but there are a few issues with it. Work within its limitations and it's a gem, with results very close to a dSLR!
Have a look at my notes on my web page. There's sample images.
This one was at 1600 ISO!
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/howard....les/index.html

Howard


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:28 PM.