|View Poll Results: Which should I get?|
|Canon PowerShot SD600||1||25.00%|
|Canon PowerShot SD630||0||0%|
|Fuji FinePix F30/Fuji FinePix F20 - no viewfinder tho||2||50.00%|
|Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W50||0||0%|
|Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1||0||0%|
|Other (please specify recommended model)||1||25.00%|
|Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Sep 11, 2006, 1:11 AM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2006
this is my first post. I registered for the forum and i need a desparate help in mying my first camera. i am due to go on a business trip in twoweeks so i need to decide on a digital camera now! here are some of the requirements i have:
Budget: around 250 - 300 tops (w/ 1GB memory - up to 320. e.g newegg;'s got those combo deals)
Size: ultra-conpact! to compact
- Megapixels at least 5
- optical zoom at least 3, the more the better
- image quality is extermely important (from 1-10, i'd say 9 or 10)
- as a begiiner i cannot tell if i want manual controls, but
should have some good auto settings
- USB is a must (2.0 even better)
- good battery life
- good red-eye reduction!
- I dont understand an of the shutters, ISO, etc. so i
cannot specify anything from those parameters
- General usage, business trip, casual photos, not trying to be an artist
- do not plan to make prints of images (at this time)
- Good movie shooting
- should be able to handle indoor and outdoor excellently
- shooting some sports/events
- i am not hung up on one brand because i know particular models of differnt
can be strong
- i am looking into cannon SD 450, cannon SD600(30), Fuji FinePix F30 (no viewfinder),
Fuji FinePix F20 (no viewfinder), Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W50
- very important... to be able to put camera in pocekt or in backpack and not break.
- For example, models such as Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W50 have kind of weak parts where power/battery
slot opening the little, gentle, fragile door-li thing.
Thanks guys in advance!
|Sep 11, 2006, 2:19 PM||#2|
Join Date: Dec 2005
I would get the sd700. If I didnt buy the sd550 about 3months ago I would get the sd700. Small cameras have poor redeye only becuase of how close the flash and lens are. But the this small camera does have image stabalization which works ok. It also does mini-movies. and although the MP drop to 6, I think it still works well..
|Sep 11, 2006, 2:46 PM||#3|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Well the SD700 is too expensive -- 370 + 1 GB SD cardi want to buy -- its totaling 400 bucks which is 100 more than my budget.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|