Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   What Camera Should I Buy? (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/what-camera-should-i-buy-80/)
-   -   best option? (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/what-camera-should-i-buy-80/best-option-180337/)

renan909 Nov 21, 2010 11:10 AM

best option?

helo guys
well, i'm new to this forum and to digital cameras as well.
i'm from brazil and i want to buy a new camera, since mine is a bit old.
i'm not a fan boy, so, i don't care for brands.
things i consider necessary:
- hd or full hd recording;
- great image quality, both dark nights and sunny days
- anti shake ( not a priority )
- optical zoom, at least 6x
- cannot be a professional camera :p
so, do you have any suggestions?

thanks, in advance

renan909 Nov 21, 2010 12:31 PM

no one?

Fayyaz Nov 21, 2010 1:16 PM

Look up the following, Nikon P7000, S8100, Panasonic TZ10/ZS7,Canon SX130is,SX210is,SD4500is,Kodak Z950. These r in order how I would rate them. However U haven't specified your price range or Camera requirements.

renan909 Nov 21, 2010 1:48 PM

things such as cameras here in brazil are a bit too exensive, but my range would be 350US$ for now.
i use cameras to take indoor and outdoor photos, of people, animals and nature, in general.
the only requirements are hd recording, good twilight photos, a good flashing sistem, great zoom, 6x or greater and great image quality:D

i'll take a look at these models you said

Fayyaz Nov 21, 2010 2:05 PM

Pl do.Other than P7000($450), the rest should b within the price range. In the US they r around $300,xcept Z950 which is around $150.

renan909 Nov 21, 2010 2:17 PM

i saw the cameras, they're all great, especially the Lumix ZS7. i'll see it's price here.
Any thoughts about the sony HX5V?

Under_rock Nov 21, 2010 3:47 PM

ZS7 isn't great for indoors shots. I always get noise in mine. It would probably do better with an external slave flash system.. I have no experience with those but I've seen them talked about in the forum here.

Btw are looking for a particular size of camera? I didn't see that you were shopping for a compact in particular.. if I had to choose just one P&S camera it would probably be one of the larger superzooms, like an SX30 or FZ40. (My husband calls them F-SLRS, "fake SLR" lol) Iny my opinion there's more versatility than with the compact models.

renan909 Nov 21, 2010 4:48 PM

well, i'm considering about buying one F-SLR =P, but i still prefer the smaller ones, but i'll see it's price here.

thanks for your recomendation

Under_rock Nov 21, 2010 5:42 PM

The nice thing about some of the smaller models (the ones with shorter lenses) is that some will have the larger sensor (like S95, LX5, among others) for nice low-light shots. Still that comes with a cost premium. I don't know why they haven't managed to find a way to integrate the 1/1.7" sensor with a super zoom lens, but I am waiting for the day.

renan909 Nov 21, 2010 6:55 PM

after lots of readings and comparisons, i decided to go for the lumix.
as for the low-light scenes, i'm considering buying a slave flash, since the lumix is way cheaper than the hx5 here.
thanks for your atention and help