Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   What Camera Should I Buy? (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/what-camera-should-i-buy-80/)
-   -   Panasonic fz 35 vs Fuji HS 10 -> !!!kindly help me out!!! (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/what-camera-should-i-buy-80/panasonic-fz-35-vs-fuji-hs-10-kindly-help-me-out-170513/)

vgkarthi May 9, 2010 10:31 PM

Panasonic fz 35 vs Fuji HS 10 -> !!!kindly help me out!!!

I am struggling to choose between these two cams!:BANGHEAD2:
Panasonic FZ 35
Fuji HS 10

For me zoom is not an big issue..:dontknow:
even 18X is more than enough for me.

Few tell me that HS10 have a focus problem.. saving time is more etc..
video is jerky, ..auto focus is wrong many times.. you have to user manual only etc:eek:

My concentration is on Image quality:D, HD video:D (trying to some what fill the gap of the camcoder). Kindly advice me which is good in what. I am not a very good professional photographer.. but I want to become a good photographer by learning the manual controls. Hope this thread will work for me to choose the best.:):cool::)

mtclimber May 9, 2010 11:01 PM

vgkarthi-

Yes, you are correct. The Fuji HS-10 is not without its own problems. The Panasonic FZ-35 is a more user friendly camera. It is also smaller and lighter, 14 ounces. All in all, it is had to beat the feature set and the image quality that the FZ-35 has to offer. Here in the USA, the FZ-35 is selling for around $(US)330.00.

Sarah Joyce

Tullio May 10, 2010 2:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vgkarthi (Post 1091610)
Panasonic FZ 35
Fuji HS 10

Few tell me that HS10 have a focus problem.. saving time is more etc..
video is jerky, ..auto focus is wrong many times.. you have to user manual only etc:eek:

Considering all the "known" problems of the HS10, why are you struggling? To me, it's a easy choice...FZ35 all the way! Can't beat that Leica lens!

vgkarthi May 11, 2010 3:23 AM

RE:
Panasonic FZ 35
Fuji HS 10

.Thank you guys..
but still lemme tell you, why I'm considering HS10 ..though I am sure tat fz35 rocks
HS10:
good image @ low light and normal (with the sample images I saw)
of course zoom (but for me 18X is also fine)
manual zoom (gives u the feel of DSLR, and instant zoom)
1080p video (FULL HD)
slow motion (planning to capture my girl keerthana's(1yr old baby) naughty expressions (like playing with water), her first walks, etc..
features like 1/4000 shutter speeds, wide angle.. etc..

any how.. I have decide one between these two cameras within a week or two.. because long time I am in confused state for getting a camera..ha ha...

gjtoth May 11, 2010 7:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tullio (Post 1091893)
Considering all the "known" problems of the HS10, why are you struggling? To me, it's a easy choice...FZ35 all the way! Can't beat that Leica lens!

Yeah. The HS-10 is just LOADED with problems and the FZ35 is absolute perfection. I think you should go with perfection. Never mind the SHOWN image quality of the HS10 by several folks on these very forums. By all means, take the words of folks that don't even own the camera over those that do. Makes perfect sense. FZ35 all the way.

dropmyload May 11, 2010 8:12 AM

I dont know anything about problems or issues, but I have read HS10 needs a bit more skill to handle.

I just got FZ38 and wow, for a newbie like me, its already complicated enough...

But I keep reading the Fuji forum coz that HS10 zoom is deadly!

gjtoth May 11, 2010 8:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dropmyload (Post 1092274)
I dont know anything about problems or issues, but I have read HS10 needs a bit more skill to handle.

I just got FZ38 and wow, for a newbie like me, its already complicated enough...

But I keep reading the Fuji forum coz that HS10 zoom is deadly!

ANY camera requires a time and knowledge of the camera to become proficient with it. People concentrate too much on the negatives, of which ANY camera has. Except, of course, the FZ35, obviously. There are a lot of other good features aside from the deadly zoom that the HS10 offers. But, detractors that don't own the camera continue to issue blank, general statements that are not backed up with any source or substance other than "I heard that...", really don't say anything except labeling it as a rumor or gossip.

Tullio May 11, 2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjtoth (Post 1092266)
Yeah. The HS-10 is just LOADED with problems and the FZ35 is absolute perfection. ...

You've said it all!

On a more serious note, you do have a point when you say that people should not talk bad about a camera they don't owe. However, the fact that we can find quite a few negative articles about a particular camera should tell us something. Since we are not camera reviewers and don't have the privilege to receive free cameras for evaluation, our judgment are based on what we read (from both professionals and users).

gjtoth May 11, 2010 1:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tullio (Post 1092401)
You've said it all!

On a more serious note, you do have a point when you say that people should not talk bad about a camera they don't owe. However, the fact that we can find quite a few negative articles about a particular camera should tell us something. Since we are not camera reviewers and don't have the privilege to receive free cameras for evaluation, our judgment are based on what we read (from both professionals and users).

I would tend to gravitate to the reviews from COMPETENT users that have spent some time with their respective camera and SHOW results with images. I will immediately discount a user review that offers no basis for their review or reviews the tech support, accessories (IE - crappy shoulder strap, loose lens cap, etc.), or manual of a given manufacturer. Reviewers tend to have a lot on their plate, deadlines, biases, and (gasp!) some of them get paid by the companies to write good reviews on their products and slant things a little. Not pointing to any particular company or reviewer. It's obvious when you see it. That's why you have seen me ask people that would bash ANY camera if they own it or have owned it. To bash for the sake of brand loyalty does no one any good and makes the basher look childish.

mtclimber May 11, 2010 3:02 PM

Gary-

You make an excellent point. The Fuji HS-10 is a fine camera and there are surly a good number of really excellent photo samples in the Fuji P+S solder to be reviewed by any poster in this Forum.

Any camera evaluation is, of necessity, rather subjective. All in all, I think that either the Fuji HS-10 or the Panasonic FZ-35 would serve the OP just about equally well, depending on the OP's photo experience.

Camera bashing serves no useful purpose, and I would like to see it avoided in our Forum.

Sarah Joyce