Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (
-   What Camera Should I Buy? (
-   -   Rolling Shutter/Skew/Distortion (

CS_Digital Dec 10, 2010 7:02 AM

Rolling Shutter/Skew/Distortion
1 Attachment(s)
Does anybody know what kind of point and shoot or DSLR camera can create this kind of distortion seen in the picture below? My iPhone does this, however I'm looking for a point and shoot or DSLR camera where I can create this same effect. I know, from wikipedia, the camera needs CMOS sensors and utilizes a rolling shutter. Thank you in advance.

ac.smith Dec 10, 2010 1:23 PM

If the camera has a CMOS sensor it is nearly certain to have a rolling shutter. This includes virtually all currently manufactured DSLRs. CMOS is less commonly found in P&S cameras but can be found in the Sony WX5, the Nikon S8100 and P100. I'm sure there are a few others, you're welcome to scan the specs here which is more convenient the chasing down ea. manufaturers site.

A. C.

CS_Digital Dec 11, 2010 7:02 AM

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question, and providing a link; I will take a look at the cameras you suggested. Thanks A.C.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:16 PM.