Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 3, 2006, 5:17 PM   #1

Besides Fuji what other cameras are good in low-light situations and have a 10x or more zoom that take really good sharp pictures with low noise at higher iso settings?
~Belle~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2006, 5:33 PM   #2

been asking similar questions and I don't think there are any unless you go dSLR

seems that the compat super zooms like sony h5, canon s3 all have noise issues at higher iso settings and in low light....I think sony h5 is worth a look though

still can't make my mind up which way to go.....would still like to see a good kodak p712 review so if anyone knows where I can find one let me know please!
Sibling Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 5:59 PM   #3

answering my own question I found this

http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=3300

looks like macro not great though
Old Sep 3, 2006, 9:32 PM   #4

sibling chris-

I have been following your various posts quite closely, as I am also interested in a high performing ultra zoom digital camera. However, not really finding the really correct solution, I went off on an tangent.

I purchased a Canon S-2 IS camera, and then I added to the Canon S-2, a Fuji F-30 digital camera, which excels in low light situations. Here is a sample from the Fuji F-30, taken hand held, with NO flash, under flourescent lighting. As you probably already know, that mix is quite a challenge for most digital cameras.

Here is my F-30 sample photo, and I really think thatF-30 did a very good job.

MT

Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 2:43 AM   #5

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
sibling chris-

I have been following your various posts quite closely, as I am also interested in a high performing ultra zoom digital camera. However, not really finding the really correct solution, I went off on an tangent.

I purchased a Canon S-2 IS camera, and then I added to the Canon S-2, a Fuji F-30 digital camera, which excels in low light situations. Here is a sample from the Fuji F-30, taken hand held, with NO flash, under flourescent lighting. As you probably already know, that mix is quite a challenge for most digital cameras.

Here is my F-30 sample photo, and I really think thatF-30 did a very good job.

MT

are you stalking me?!?!?!?! :?

no serieously any opinions are appreciated - it seems without going dslr I'm not going to get a camera that does a good job at all the things I'm after

things is I really don't have the cash to go for two cameras or a dslr and I really don't wan the bother of having to carry two around, so I figured I'm going to have to compromise, either the zoom or the low light capability. even though I didn't like the feel of the sony h5 I'm leaning that way at the moment due to its features.

...although I'm still attracted to kodak from the good experience I've had of my old dx3600