Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:30 PM   #1

is the coolpix L1 really that bad? some comments even said the pics are not even sharp.

has anyoneanything good to say about this camera? i like its 5x zoom but have reservations if the camera could not eventake sharp pics.
redbeansg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:22 PM   #2

i have read reviews that this is a very slow camera. pic quality some said good, some said bad, plus problem in focussing. i would not buy this if i can find another camera that can just view my other sd cards taken from my other nikon coolpix. else i will have to juggle with two systems.

i am looking at lumix lz05. i like its zoom and its pic quality plus other features. anyone can confirm the lumix canview pics taken from coolpix? if yes, lumix will be my buy.

if no, i will need some encouragement to get the nikon L1 and live with its snail pace.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 9:48 AM   #3

hi,

i went shopping today and brought along my sd card from my nikon coolpix. slotted it into the lumix LZ 05. hey it worked. i could view the pics. but nothing more. when i toggled the digital zoom switch it did not work. just the pics as they were.

anyway it is good enough for me. it gives me 6x zoom with a possible extension to 8.3x at 3 meg. this is a bonus if i needed it.

i am now the proud owner of the lumix LZ 05 : )