Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 7, 2006, 3:20 AM   #1

I need to buy a large zoom camera, but i don´t know waht to buy..

I can get the fuhi S5200 for 230€, but it´s has a small LCD screen and where is the IS? :?

But the other side I have the kodak, more zoom, wiht IS, lagr LCD, as it seems mores resistence.. but it cost 300€..

I think that imagem quality are equivalente..

What is your opniam? what should I get?

Thnks!
bizarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2006, 3:31 AM   #2

been in a similar dilemma recently becasue there are number of great supper zoom cameras out there, but each has its good and bad points.

I've just ordered a canon s3 is...if you can get the previous s2 model that may be a good buy price wise too

I would suggest you also look at reviews for....

kodak p712 and z612 (the latter may be a more cost effective option, and tehre is also a P880 model between the P850 and the newer p712)

pentax fz30 and fz50

sony dsc-h5

not sure what country you are in but price wise in the UK from lowest to highest they are somethig like this

kodak z612 -> canon s3 is -> sony dsc-h5 -> kodak p712 -> pentax fz30 -> pentax fz50

I got my s3 for just under £275 delivered from an online store - on the high street its up at around £400!

good luck hunting for your new camera!
Sibling Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:36 PM   #3

The P880 was mentioned in the last post, just a warning, thats not a super zoom, it's a wide angle camera.

As for the P850, it is an AMAZING camera, I use it at the moment. Great zoom, IS is great (I can shoot at full telephoto at 1/15 shutter speed with no blur). The LCD is large and bright, the Electronic Viewfinder is fast and high quality. I have no complaints EXCEPT the high ISO mode, although that is very rarely a problem (Image Stabilization almost makes up for it).

I'm not sure about the other cameras you mentioned, however the Kodak Z612 seems to be a great alternative for fairly cheap, you might want to look into that.
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2006, 4:30 AM   #4

thanks for the awsers!

I live in Portugal, but here digicam´s are a expensive, and even old models are expensive..

I´ve been watching also de sony H2, but i have some SD cards that i would like to use.

The Canon S2 misses the price-target.. I tryiing to find a good price for it! :?
bizarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:34 PM   #5

Morag2 wrote:
Quote:
The P880 was mentioned in the last post, just a warning, thats not a super zoom, it's a wide angle camera.

sorry yes.. it's nota super zoom camera, but it does have zoom I think its 24mm to 140mm
Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:41 PM   #6

from this ebay seller the buy it now price fro a Canon s2 I think is about 325 Euro delivered - includes 1GB SD too.....not sure what your'e budget is though....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CANON-POWERSHO...QQcmdZViewItem

perhaps with a littel googling you can find it cheaper?!