Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 13, 2006, 7:30 PM   #1

I am looking for a digital camera that is 6.0 + megapixels, small and that can take abuse from my husband. We have an Olympus Camedia 6.1 C60 Zoom; which takes great pictures But he has dropped it several times and the lense cover fell off. Any suggestions on the next "child" proof camers?
Jinkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2006, 8:17 PM   #2

The Olympus Stylus 720 SW is shockproof, weather proof, and water proof. But I don't know whether it's husband proof.

kenbalbari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 10:56 PM   #3

try the w10, i dunno how good it is for impact, but it's fully submersible and particle-proof

oh - and the ole husband bashing like you see on the sitcoms is not cool. Quit it.
mongrelchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 1:46 PM   #4

Im sure she has a legitimate reason to say that!

Maybe you should just insist he be careful with the camera: no modern digital camera should be dropped/etc., they have sophisticated delicate mechanisms like zoom etc which can be damaged, not to mention shattering the LCD etc..

Alternatively if he insists on dropping it regularly you can get one of those simple CMOS single lens types like made by AIPTEK etc but these lack high quality/zoom lenses etc..

Just my thoughts, hope I was helpful!
n005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 3:36 PM   #5

The Olympus Stylus 720SW really is supposed to be able to take a 5 foot drop though:

The Stylus 720 SW can withstand a 5-foot drop, shoot under water up to 10 feet, and combines light, durable body construction and shock-absorbing materials throughout the interior
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_...stylus720.html

Still not a good idea; but it is pretty cool that someone makes a camera wih that specification.

kenbalbari is offline   Reply With Quote