Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 16, 2006, 1:03 AM   #11

gadgetnut wrote:
Quote:
Thanks guys! I can't wait. I was a little bummed out when I read this in their confirmation email to me:

"If you chose to ship your package to an address other than the one listed with your credit card company your order will be delayed up to 3 business days above and beyond our normal processing time."

I had to have it shipped to my work because their website says that all shipments require an adult signature, and my wife and I both work full-time. I guess it's going to get slowed down. :sad:
That's odd I have ordered from them twice and that never happened to me. Just normal order processing time. The last item I ordered was less than 2 months ago.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:28 PM   #12

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
That's odd I have ordered from them twice and that never happened to me. Just normal order processing time. The last item I ordered was less than 2 months ago.
Yeah, I don't know if it's new or not. The last order I placed with them was from Buydig.com in 2004. I had that camera shipped to my office as well, and I can remember that I got it fast (only aroundtwo days). I guess I'll find out soon enough. I'm just anxious to get it.
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 12:44 PM   #13

Actually as I began to think about it more, the Pentax K100D seems nicer and nicer.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/K100D/K100DA.HTM

Ikeep thinking of itas a nicely designed (compact)dSLR with a large 6 MPCCD and image stabilization + ISO 3200 for use in more extreme situations. :droll: The LCD and TTL viewfinder seems to bevery qualitative too.

The camera seems to have a solid stainless steel chassis beneath the outer covering.(Isaw it elsewhere)

BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 11:26 AM   #14

I got it!!! It just came in a few minutes ago. I ordered it too late on Friday for it to ship that day, so it just went out their door yesterday. Overnight for free!

Man, this thing is beautiful. Now I want to go home and play with it. This is going to be the longest afternoon in history.

Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:35 PM   #15

gadgetnut wrote:
Quote:
I got it!!! It just came in a few minutes ago. I ordered it too late on Friday for it to ship that day, so it just went out their door yesterday. Overnight for free!

Man, this thing is beautiful. Now I want to go home and play with it. This is going to be the longest afternoon in history.

Gotta love their free overnight shipping!!

Have fun with it tonight!! (Or you could come downwith the "Friday afternoon flu" a few days early :-))My daughter has afield hockey game this afternoon so I'll be practicing with it ather game.

JeanneB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 1:11 PM   #16

JeanneB wrote:
Quote:
Gotta love their free overnight shipping!!

Have fun with it tonight!! (Or you could come downwith the "Friday afternoon flu" a few days early :-))My daughter has afield hockey game this afternoon so I'll be practicing with it ather game.
Yeah, that free Fed-Ex Ground shipping works out well for those of us in the northeast! I suppose if you're on the west coast, it would take a lot longer.

I have a ton of vacation time available so believe me, I thought about leaving early! Be sure to post those field hockey shots. I showed your Maine shots to my wife. She was very impressed.