Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 17, 2006, 11:07 PM   #1

Im trying to decide between the two. Only problem is ive yet to see any pics taken with the v705. The v610 seems to take very soft and blurry pictures. Also, with no image stabilization and a horrible battery life im staying away. Just wondering how the v705 will compare.

The NV10 seems to be good, although i just saw some images on dpreview.com and they didnt look too impressive. The IS, 3x zoom, and 10mp are attractive though.

Any thoughts on which to get? Im looking for a pockateable camera, high mp, some decent zoom, and great quality pictures. Also in the $300 - 400 range.

I looked at the Luminix TZ1 (?), and its a big too large, and only has 5mp, so i dont think its the right choice.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
red97vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:57 AM   #2

I would suggest you go to each manufactures website and see how user friendly it is.
Check there support items, and downloadable items, like tutorials, manuals, check out tech support before you buy.
Google some reviews to see what the users think. dp reviews rarely have anything good to asy about Kodak. So what! A review can be taken with a grain of salt.
This forum has a lot of info in the various manufacturer links.
I have had Konica, Olympus, Sony, and two Kodak cameras and for my money, the support, user frienndlyness, picture quality, I will be a Koday owner for life.
Go with what you like.
Flying Fossil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 12:52 PM   #3

You should maybe look at the recent Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX07.

kenbalbari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 2:34 PM   #4

now im also looking at the NikonS7c, looks to be pretty good with MSRP of $350, 3x IS Zoom, WiFi, 7mp, 3" LCD 230k screen. And the Lumix DMC-FX50.

The FX50 is a bit thicker than the S7c
red97vette is offline   Reply With Quote