Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 28, 2006, 3:43 PM   #1

Well, I think I've finally decided to go with a Nikon D50 or D70s. I'm thinking of purchasing from Cameta Camera which I've seen on the boards is a reputable dealer. I was wondering if anyone knew how good their service was as far as the warranty on the factory demo's they sell. I can purchase new, but if I get a factory demo I can afford to get an extra lens with the money I would save.

Thanks, and any info is appreciated.
afayec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:32 PM   #2

afayec wrote:
Quote:
Well, I think I've finally decided to go with a Nikon D50 or D70s. I'm thinking of purchasing from Cameta Camera which I've seen on the boards is a reputable dealer. I was wondering if anyone knew how good their service was as far as the warranty on the factory demo's they sell. I can purchase new, but if I get a factory demo I can afford to get an extra lens with the money I would save.

Thanks, and any info is appreciated.
How much is Cameta asking? You can get it brand new at Buygig.com for 549. They are also known as Beach Camera and it 539 there. Both sites have the D70669. Al the prices I mention are body onlyfree shipping. You can also buy them with kit lenses for more.I always check both locations because sometimes the price is different
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 10:42 PM   #3

I bought a new d50 kit from cameta, great fast service
Don't know about factory demos though, Although i've read some people prefer factory demos to any new stuff, because these have been "thoroughly" check for errors and such.

As far as online store goes, I had a pleasant time with Cameta Camera
maudit is offline   Reply With Quote